Thursday, June 19, 2008

Definition of the week: Doppelganger

Urbandictionary.com
1. Doppelganger

Someone that looks the exact same as another person. yet not a twin. ghost identical to living person: an apparition in the form of a double of a living person

Example: yo i saw someone that looked just like u...could have been your doppelganger


LOOK-A-LIKE?

Rich Stromberg and Josh Harty


I knew this lady who had a twin, not by blood, in her own town. Her parents went to the local fast food restaurant and thought there clerk was their own daughter but she wasn't. "Jody! You never told us you got a job!" "I'm not Jody."

Once I was in Atlanta, Georgia and I swore I saw this kid from my brother's baseball team working at a water park. But the kid at the park swore up and down he had never been to Alaska and, for that matter, didn't know anyone who had.

My roommate Mindy has a twin in Fairbanks, they are exactly like each other in every way but looks. They both study infectious diseases, come from military dads and korean moms, have an affinity for local music and guys with guitars, the list goes on.

And then, last night I went to a BBQ/music jam and met this musician who looks like he could be the doppelganger of a friend Rich Stromberg, who I originally met working at the college newspaper at UAA. Josh Harty is a singer/songwriter originally from Fargo, North Dakota who is going to play a show at Humpy's tonight.

You tell me. They long lost brothers or what?

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I didn't know you had that many anecdotes. Kind of like a doppel-gang bang.

Unknown said...

It pains me to know that my doppelganger has a nick name that includes the word "hot" in it, while I'm just plain Mindy.

Rosey said...

Pshh! No, you are Indy Mindy. haha! Sorry Mindy. You are way cooler than your doppelganger in my eyes and hotter!